Moving into a new home or apartment requires a lot of coordination from creating a pre-move checklist to ensuring that all your items safely made it to your new living space. This early effort can really pay off with reduced stress levels throughout your moving process, but there are still things that need to be done in your new home. Don't give up on the checklists just yet! These post-move tips will keep everything going smoothly as you and your family settle in.
One Week After You Move
Your boxes are all there, and maybe you've even finished unpacking everything. So you're all finished, right? Nope! Now you can truly make your house a home. Here are a few things to remember as you get comfy in your new space.
- Leave an honest review for True Friends Moving Company. We read them all!
- Do some quick cleanup before you start using your chimney, and clean the carpets in your new home.
- Pack up your moving boxes and supplies and donate them or post on Craigslist.
- Review the home security options available and update your system if needed.
- Check that your home's address can be clearly seen from the street.
- Don't forget to thank friends and family who helped pull together your move.
- Cruise around to get familiar with the neighborhood landmarks such as libraries, grocery stores and schools.
Two Weeks After Your Move
Whew! Most of the hard work is done. Now you can truly enjoy your space and the benefits that it brings you and your family. By the end of the first two weeks, you should shoot to have all your boxes, bags and luggage unpacked and most items in their final home. One of the last things you'll need to do is create a few extra keys for family, friends, dog walkers or babysitters. Speaking of babysitters, you deserve a night out! Why not call a babysitter and take a quick break from all the hard work of the last few weeks.
Now that the heavy steps of moving are over, you're free to settle into your new home and enjoy your new space. We hope that these tips will guide you through the first few weeks in your new space without feeling a lot of stress or worry. Need additional moving help, or want to refer a friend? Contact True Friends Moving Company, Nashville's award-winning leader in stress-free moves, at (615) 240-2811 to request a free quote or learn more. Our friendly team will work with you each step of the way!