Lakeland, FL Movers
Fully Insured & Licensed Moving Professionals You Can Rely On in Lakeland
Whether you’ve had a bad experience with movers in the past or you struggle to trust strangers with your personal belongings, True Friends Moving Company understands.
We realize how stressful moving can be, which is why we offer friendly, professional moving services in Lakeland to safely and carefully transport your possessions to their new destination. Our name is trusted nationwide for our ability to provide superb services at reasonable prices. We strive to be the true friends you need to make your move easier.
Give us a call at (813) 940-4946 for top-notch moving in or out of Lakeland, FL.
How to Prepare Your Kitchen for Moving Day
The thought of packing up and moving an entire household of belongings is enough to stress out most people. Of all the areas in a home, the kitchen is perhaps the one room which people dread the most. Tackling all the breakable dishes, countertop appliances, utensils, glasses and other knick-knacks can be overwhelming. But it is not so difficult as long as you approach it in the right way.
How to Organize Your Kitchen to Make Packing a Snap
Getting everything in your kitchen ready for moving takes much longer than you expected — so, start as early as you can. The last thing you want to do is run around at the last minute trying to shove everything randomly into boxes. That is how your belongings get lost or broken. Instead, get your kitchen ready a few weeks before the big moving day. The following tips can help you get organized.
Stop cooking. Start by using up all of your food and try not to take any big trips to the supermarket. Since you will pack up your pots, pans, plates, and utensils, try to purchase groceries which don't require stovetop cooking. Sandwiches and microwavable meals are ideal. If you find a lot of unopened packaged food which is still good, consider donating it to a local charity.
Prepare your kitchen items. There are many ways you can organize your kitchen for moving, but the easiest way is to combine and then pack similar items in the same box. That means sorting all of your bowls with other bowls and your cups with other cups. Not only will this make it easier to pack your items, but it will also help you find what you need when you get to your new home without having to search too much.
Many homeowners like to separate kitchen items into the following categories:
- The "good dishes." This includes fine china and crystal glassware like wine glasses. You will want to spend extra time when you pack these items.
- The "everyday dishes." These are the more durable plates and platters you use all the time.
- Bowls. This group includes both serving and mixing bowls which are sturdy enough to stack.
- Cups and mugs. Anything you drink out of besides wine glasses can be in this category.
- Utensils. You should try to further sort this group into individual types of utensils such as spoons with spoons and knives with knives.
- Small appliances. Everything from your coffee maker to your blender needs special attention to ensure nothing gets broken during the move.
- Knick-knacks. Protect all of your odd-shaped knick-knacks like egg cups and salt shakers by keeping them all together.
Are you in the Lakeland or Tampa Bay area and looking to move across the country or just across town? True Friends Moving Company can help.
Call us at (813) 940-4946 to schedule a move.
Our Lakeland Packers & Movers are Here to Help
Friendship isn’t just in our name – it’s in everything we do. Our courteous staff will take the time to protect your flooring and can provide any moving assistance you need, from packing and labeling to disassembling and reassembling your furniture. Best of all, we provide all these accommodations at no additional cost to you. You can also count on us to be on time for all pickups and deliveries.
With True Friends Moving Company, you can always count on:
- Flat, hourly rates with no surprises
- Free removal of unwanted (but still usable) items
- Free padding and shrink-wrapping
- Exceptional work from our skilled team
- Great deals and discounts
Our Lakeland, FL moving company is equipped with everything needed to ensure a smooth transition. We also offer long distance moving services!
No matter what the scope of your move, you can rest easy knowing true friends are here to help - contact us.