True Friends Moving specializes in the delicate art of senior relocation, focusing on the often overwhelming and traumatic issues seniors and their families face when moving.
In our years of experience, we have seen that older homes tend to contain more stuff! Even empty nesters, whose children have long since left the home, seem to have attics full of items their children have collected throughout the years. Whether you are downsizing, moving up, or moving on from the home your family grew up in, true Friends Moving understands the special care required to pack up your home without packing away the memories.
What We Do
Our mission is to ease the relocation process for seniors and to provide them with peace of mind during an otherwise traumatic time. We plan, coordinate, and supervise all aspects of a move with a completely hands-on service. From planning and picture hanging to making the beds…we take care of every detail.
Each move is directed by a Move Manager who will be with you every step of the way. As your advocate, confidant, and Friend, your Move Manager will cater to your every need and concern.
How We Do It
What makes our service special is not what we do; it’s how we do it! We approach each and every individual in a personal and caring way. We welcome you into our extended family and offer our honesty and respectful help during this important time.
Imagine coming into your new home on moving day with furniture in place, clothes in the closet, phone and TV connected, beds made and pictures hung. That’s entirely possible (and expected) from True Friends.
5 Simple Tips for Seniors Who are Moving:
- Don’t go it alone! Enlist the help of a friend or relative to prepare for your move – from making phone calls to labeling boxes. Remember, True friends Moving offers an entire range of moving and packing services to fit your needs. We are here for you!
- Clear the clutter! Moving is a great excuse to get rid of some of the junk that may be lingering in your attic, garage, closets, or guest bedrooms. Host a garage sale or donate unwanted items as we accept and donate any unwanted but usable household items free of charge.
- Arrange for storage space in advance if necessary.
- Keep any prescriptions or medical documents unpacked and accessible while in transit.
- Take photos of your old home to give the movers a reference if you would like your new surroundings set up in a similar fashion. Pay attention to everything from arrangement of living room furniture to placement of knick-knacks and family photos. This will make the transition easier so it feels more like home.