Policies & Limits of Liability
Please pay special attention to the policies in BOLD.
1. The customer or his representative must be present during the move and final “walk-through.” Our time runs continuously until payment is completed. Having your cash or credit card ready will save you time and money.
2. True Friends Moving accepts all forms of major credit cards and cash only. We do not accept any form of check, including cashier’s and certified checks. Balance must be paid in full at the completion of the job.
3. You may receive a full refund of your deposit/service fee up to 72 hours prior to your move. Any cancellation or rescheduling within 72 hours of your move is subject to the charge of an additional service fee.
4. We only move empty freezers/freezers.
5. We only move empty aquariums.
6. If you have a waterbed, we will be glad to move it. However, we are not waterbed technicians. We will follow your instructions, but you must make a final inspection before our crew leaves. We will not send men out for later adjustments. If you prefer a waterbed company to move your bed, please do so.
7. If the move requires work other than the job description, True Friends Moving reserves the right to fulfill other obligations before completing additional work.
8. True Friends Moving reserves the right to reschedule the move at an agreed upon time, without liability if there is inclement weather, including, but not limited to, rain, snow, ice, etc.
9. We reserve the right to limit our work day to 12 hours.
10. Our personnel will move your pianos, appliances, and items over 300 lbs, if the work can be done safely. Unfortunately, damage may result to floor surfaces. If you wish to take this risk True Friends Moving will not be responsible.
11. We do not move pianos up or down stairs. We can move small pianos when there are three steps or a short flight that is not longer than the measurement equal to the length of the piano. If the piano has light weight legs (usually the front), we will not be responsible if they will not go back on if we take them off (sometimes the nut is loose inside the piano and will turn when you try to replace the leg). If the customer elects to leave the legs on, we will not be responsible if damage occurs to them.
12. True Friends Moving will not take a truck off pavement or on steep grades. True Friends Movers will not drive a truck over freshly graveled driveways. Any time spent positioning the truck(s) or time lost due to truck(s) getting stuck will be at customer’s expense. At finish of the job, the clock does not stop until our truck(s) are back on the municipal street.
13. True Friends Moving will not do anything that we feel is unsafe. The safety of any activity or move is at the discretion of the Crew Leader.
14. True Friends Moving will not work in un-floored attics. Ceiling damage and personal injury may result. True Friends Moving assumes no responsibility for ceilings.
15. You may move your own glass, porcelain, ceramics, etc. yourself. If you wish, we will move them carefully, but will not be responsible for breakage and/or resulting damage
16. If True Friends Moving feels pressure from the customer to rush, all work shall cease until that pressure is removed. Although TF’s crews work as hard and efficiently as possible, the
safety of your belongings and our employees is paramount.
17. For safety reasons, small children and pets must be out of work area.
18. We are often asked to perform tasks that border on the impossible. True Friends Moving will not be responsible for damage caused by non-routine moving including but not limited to, standing pieces on end, sharp turns, overcrowded work areas, difficult stairways, snags and sharp edges in work areas and doorways, handing over balconies, railings, etc., tight squeezes, or damage caused by weather.
19. True Friends Moving will move no flammables or hazardous material due to safety laws.
20. When moving household items, True Friends Moving has found deterioration occurs over time due to age, temperature fluctuation, dry rotting, and water damage. Mattresses lump and disfigure upon disturbing, lamp shades and wiring also become brittle and rotten. If you wish, we will move them carefully, but will not be responsible for damage of deteriorated items.
21. Simulated wood products and pressed board have poor structural integrity which does not lend itself to moving or repair. We will move these items carefully but cannot be responsible for damage of simulated wood or pressed board furniture.
LIMITS OF LIABILITY
1. True Friends Movings liability for scratches, tears, cracks, and other surface blemishes, to and including but not limited to, wood, upholstery, and leather shall be limited to $100.00 per item unless higher limits are agreed to in writing prior to move if resolved outside of an insurance claim.
2. Complete Moving Service shall be responsible for replacement of any lost items listed on inventory page and inspected prior to move, subject to above limits.
3. The condition of any item(s) boxed by customer and not inspected prior to move are not insured by True Friends Moving and is the responsibility of the customer.
4. True Friends Moving shall, in no way, be responsible for the working condition of electronic equipment, grandfather clocks, or any other piece of mechanical equipment. Damage to cabinets and surfaces of such equipment will be treated as stated in condition #1 above.
5. Liability is limited to $100.00 for damage to floors, walls, doors, and painted surfaces. Liability limit may be raised by written agreement of both parties prior to move.
6. The right is reserved by True Friends Moving to repair or replace any damaged item(s) after the day of the move itself as we are unable to make a claim at that point.
7. True Friends Moving will not be responsible for damage caused by non-routine moving including but not limited to, standing pieces on end, sharp turns, over-crowded work areas, difficult stairways, snags and sharp edges in work areas and doorways, handing over balconies, railings, etc., tight squeezes, and damage caused by weather.
8. True Friends Movers shall not be responsible for damage to accounts, bills, checks, evidence of debts, letters of credit, passports, tickets, documents, manuscripts, notes, mechanical, drawings, securities, currency, money, bullion, precious stones, jewelry, or other similar valuables, paintings, statuary, or other works of art, or property carried gratuitously or as an accommodation. The process of removing drawers must be done in the presence of the customer or their agent.
9. True Friends Movers shall not be responsible for damage resulting when moving household items that have deteriorated such as but not limited to lamp shades, mattresses, electrical wiring, etc.
10. True Friends Movers shall not be responsible for glass in any form or damage resulting from glass breakage. This applies to porcelain and ceramic items, also.
11. True Friends moving shall not be responsible for plants or pets. 12. True Friends Moving may use dollies to facilitate removal or placement of appliances and other large items. Damage that may result to floors, such as but not limited to, indentations, scuff marks, etc., are not the responsibility of True Friends Moving.
13. True Friends Movers shall not be responsible for damage to items requiring special instructions if customer fails to provide such instructions including, but not limited to, disassemble or assembly of said items and any special preparation required
14. True Friends moving assumes no liability or responsibility for any items and cargo placed in the customer’s own vehicle or rental equipment and which True Friends does not transport.
15. Any damage caused by incomplete floor areas, such as, but not limited to, subsequent damage to ceilings, will not be the responsibility of True Friends Moving.
16. True Friends Moving will connect washer/dryer or ice makers, but is not responsible for the connections. You or your representative must check or accept any plumbing connections. Any assistance we give is as a courtesy only. Water and drain connections are the responsibility of the user.
17. True Friends Moving shall not be responsible for the working condition of major appliances
18. True Friends Moving cannot be responsible for dents or scratches on major appliances. They are covered by a thin metal that has an extreme affinity to dent and scratch
19. True Friends Moving will not repair pressed board or simulated wood furniture. Much of the budget priced furniture today is made from a pressed wood or wood byproduct material with a photograph of wood grain attached. Some of the wood grain look is simply paper and some is very thin plastic material like on lower end kitchen cabinets. This type of material is not structurally strong, especially if it has screws, since the screw threads have no real grain to embed into, just crumbly pressed wood chips held together by a binding agent. It is not repairable and we have seen it crumble from the smallest vibrations riding in a truck across town. We will do our best to move it successfully for you, but are not responsible for damage.